DP4 Firmware Update Procedure
Important: Be careful NOT
to lose power during the update. We recommend you use the AC adapter
or a fully charged battery. If the DP4 is powered OFF during the
software update BEFORE the VERIFY begins, you will have a blank monitor. You should be able to restore everything by successfully completing the Firmware Update. However, should your monitor need to be sent back for repair, associated shipping and repair costs are not covered by the DP4's warranty.
USB Drive: It is highly recommended that you use a drive that is 2GB or less and formatted FAT or FAT32.
NOTE: The drive should
contain only ONE *.bin file, the *.bin downloaded from
www.smallhd.com/support. ALWAYS delete the old *.bin from the USB drive
before making the next update. You can have other files on the drive,
but only one *.bin file.
1. Insert USB drive into PC/Mac, remove any existing .bin file from
the drive and make sure that it is formated FAT or FAT32.
2. Download the desired Firmware version from
www.smallhd.com/support. Be sure to read the "Changelog/Issues" file.
(See link to the right of the download)
3. Copy the *.bin file to the USB drive. The file must NOT be in a folder.
4. Safely Eject the USB drive from the PC/Mac and insert it into the USB adapter cable that was included with your DP4.
5. Switch the DP4 OFF and plug the cable into the DP4's Mini-USB port. While pressing down on the DP4's scroll wheel, Switch ON the DP4.
6. Once white text appears on the black screen, you can stop pressing the thumb wheel.
7. When prompted, switch the DP4 OFF, remove the USB cable, and then back ON again. You
now have new software. (If the DP4 gets stuck during the "Verification"
process for more than 4 minutes, the update is complete and the DP4 can
be switched OFF and the USB cable removed.)
You may install the firmware in any order, however you may ONLY have one *.bin file on the drive at one time.
If you experience any problems please contact us using the support form at www.smallhd.com/support